We’re here this week to bring you a snapshot of a recent project that involved a delivery of two reactors from Port of Baltimore to a substation in Central Maryland.
The project’s scope?
- Port operations
- Heavy Haul transport
- Jack & Slide to foundation
- Container transport from overseas origin to substation
- First job completed for this customer.
- Night moves to shuttle both transformers (128,500lbs each) from Baltimore to Takoma Park.
- Used a 9-line Goldhofer for each move.
- Sub configuration required us to rotate one transformer to get it inside the substation to pad, then rotate back to its original orientation in order to set to foundation.
It was a challenging project for the team, and timing was critical to success. We are proud of the team for their diligence to complete on time.
Stay tuned for another Project Snapshot next month!