We offer a full suite of Solar Safe Harbor Warehousing services and capabilities to ensure our customers’ commercial and industrial solar projects won’t fall short of reaching the program’s qualifications by the end-of-year deadline, and to capitalize on the frozen 30% Investment Tax Credit that solar Safe Harbor provides for existing projects. Though the IRS allows four years to complete a 2019 Safe Harbor project, and two years to put it into service, a project only qualifies if continuous productivity beginning in 2019 can be demonstrated. Our Solar Safe Harbor Warehousing strategy is a perfect solution for those grappling with this timeline.
If you have any further questions or need some help in this regard, we’d be happy to advise. Please contact us to discuss getting you started right away.
⇢ WAREHOUSE ATTRIBUTES + ACTIVITIES WE COVER
- Building layout drawing with specific storage area dedicated for the project, all in dimensions
- Map overlay of forklift routing
- View of equipment for unloading, stacking, storage of pallets
- Equipment lists
- Loading dock and capacity, weather protection during unload/load operations
- Warehouse climate control and monitoring
- Additional commitments for warehouse during this project delivery and storage g. Incoming goods inspection location and protocol (inventory plus QA/QC)
- Data and inventory logging system in warehouse
- Security, physical, fire suppression, climate control
- Forklift routing
- Trucking space exterior, site access
- Organization, cleanliness
⇢ TECHNOLOGY SYSTEM ATTRIBUTES / LABOR + EQUIPMENT
- Computer tracking inventory/inspections
- Load tracking, Container Number, Pallet Number, Panel Serial numbers, etc.
- Inspection protocol and reports
- Staffing, experience total anticipated staff (workload during the unloading/loading phase)
- Support/admin staff
- Separate areas for each module type, each accessible for load out
SAMPLE FLOOR + STORAGE PLAN | We map and design storage area specific to each unique customer.
ONSITE TRUCK FLOW | We develop a traffic flow pattern for the facility.
EQUIPMENT + STAFFING OPERATIONS
⇢ EQUIPMENT SELECTION PROCESS
- Lift capacity
- Propane powered
- Customized forks lengths
- Total count of Fork Trucks
- Model type / functionality
- Specific to cargo configuration
⇢ SECURITY PLAN
- CC surveillance
- Live monitoring
- Onsite security fencing
- Motion detection
- Interval audits
⇢ STAFFING PLAN
- Supervisor/Safety Lead Fork Operators
- QAQC Lead (see below)
- Data Entry Lead
Our inspection process checklist is 100% customized to customer specification:
- Exterior container inspection
- Interior container inspection (i.e. items shifted, etc.)
- Pallet inspection
- Assess packaging damage
- Assess presence of moisture
- Assess visible cargo damage
- Customer specific open box inspection (guidelines / frequency determined)
- Daily, weekly, monthly and yearly audit inspections while in SH Storage
We integrate this process with the fully customizable LG Safe Harbor System (LG – SHS) developed in-house:
- All QA/QC data captured electronically in the system
- Full drill-down capability for any noted damages
- Serial number, pallet number, container number, date received, carrier hauled, vessel booking
LOGISTICUS GROUP SAFE HARBOR SYSTEM (LG – SHS)
LG – SHS is a unique product invented by Logisticus Technology Group (which provides warehouse management solutions for the power-gen and oil & gas industries). LTG products include security and data for locations, dashboards & metrics, and scheduled maintenance.
LG- SHS is not just a transportation management system (TMS) or warehouse management system (WHM). In addition to all that you see here, we offer anything you want from an off-the-shelf solution to one trimmed down to exactly what fits your model and streamlines your processes. It’s fully customizable.
Interested in learning more about any of these services and capabilities, or discovering more about Logisticus Technology Group solutions such as LG – SHS for other projects? Let us know.
Receiving and unloading — Track the arrival and offload of trucks/trains/barges in real-time. Check in inbound shipments at the shipment, item, and open case inspection level (if needed).
Upload packing lists — Upload packing lists for your inbound material that can be referenced within the system to cross-check open case inspections.
Live dashboard — Real-time inventory levels at storage location(s), in-transit or received and/or handed over to on-site teams. Outdoor storage solutions as well.
Handover / Pick List visibility
Outbound — As items are needed, they are pulled from inventory for shipment or on-site teams. Pick Lists can be created inside the system, or a project schedule can drive outbound shipments.
Overage, Shortage, and Damage (OSD) Reports – Project-specific documents can be stored and/or generated from the system as PDFs. Reports can be integrated as well.
Handling / Packaging Specs – Specialized components can be flagged for the team’s attention within the system specs.
Live reporting – Defined KPIs can be viewed based on activity up to the minute in the system and can be changed on an as-needed basis as the project progresses.
Specialist support – Our data analysts can assist with advanced report creation/review for specific questions that may be outside of the standard KPIs.
Spares, Returns, and Claims
Non-standard processes – Anything that falls outside the norm of Inbound and Outbound shipments can be bolted on as needed based on your specific business rules.
Supplemental Tracking Options
100% custom satellite tracking (non-cellular) – Ability to track everything from trucks, barges, vessels to unit trains, and can assist with tracking, shock, tilt, or other in-transit measurements.
ON DEMAND PUSHED & PULLED REPORT | Project communication is key for us. Metrics specific to your project are shown nightly (and in real time) through our online portal.
ONLINE DASHBOARD | As the project transitions through the various stages you can keep an eye on how things are going with our portal.
RECEIVING | Capture and store all relevant information for truck arrivals.
ITEM DETAILS | Track serial and container numbers, location in warehouse, damage, and other inventory details.
DELIVERY | Track when and how components leave. Optional GPS for critical shipments. Outbound schedule can be linked to project demand.