Our latest route improvement project, Pinnacle, had us executing route improvements across 8 different locations in two different states. Here’s an overview from one of our team members on how the project transpired.
Our customer approached us to execute route improvements along the delivery route from the Port of Baltimore, MD to Mineral Co., WV
Major Civil Improvements along state roads in Maryland and West Virginia
- Successful Permit and Bonding dealing with MDOT (1 district) and WVDOH(2 counties/districts)
- 4 months worth of coordination necessary with WVDOH to receive approved permits due to very intrusive road work
- Performed tree trimming / removal before the seasonal bat migration cutoff date, with tight timeline.
- Coordinated with six (6) separate private landowners for temporary access to their property
- Coordinated with State Vendor for Communications for raising of lines along final mile to the site entrance
- Coordinated with two (2) separate wind project’s construction teams on schedule to allow for road work to be safely performed and not interrupt ongoing project site traffic
- Designed repaving of roadway to mitigate K-Value issues by cutting the road down more than 3 feet to avoid any component damages
- Logisticus discovered an additional location not originally identified – designed repaving of roadway to mitigate k-value issue.
Congrats to the team on another successful – yet challenging – project. As always, we’ll be back with more project details next month.